For our patrons who prefer to use Curbside Pickup, we are happy to continue to provide this service to you! Simply follow theses steps:
- When you know which book(s), magazine(s) or movie(s) you’d like, phone the library, (860) 423-0636 during library hours or leave us a message.
- Once your request is processed, a librarian will call you to let you know your pickup is ready.
- You must pickup your request during our open hours: Tuesday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM & 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Wednesday 1:00 – 5:00, Thursday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM, and Saturday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
- To search for any book titles, movies, magazines, including new children’s books, or DVDs please see our catalogue at Bibliomation. When searching Bibliomation for a book, please know that if you do a title search, the title must be word-for-word accurate, or it may not show that we actually have it. If this happens, try instead with a key word search – or simply begin with a key word search.
- If you wish to search our entire collection without looking for a specific title, that can be done as well, through our website link mentioned. For example: if you wanted a list of all available DVDs, or Magazines, or ALL Books (this is how they’re listed) simply follow these instructions.
- Leave the first box that says “Search” completely blank
- In the next box to the right, where it says “Type” just scroll to Keyword
- In the following box to the right, that says “Format” scroll to DVD, (or Magazines, or All Books)
- And in the next box that says “Library” please be sure that Windham Free Library is in THAT box. Then simply press “Search” and give it a few seconds. You’ll be able to see every title we have!
- You may also wish to try an author that you’ve never read before. You can either go to our catalogue for a synopsis of these titles, or to Amazon if you like to read the critiques.
- Interlibrary loan is now available.
- Returned books are held in boxes at the library for 72 hours, and then cleaned before being reshelved.
Thank you so much!