The library is only open for curbside pickup because of COVID-19 restrictions set by the governor. Library hours when you will be able to pick up your books are: Tuesday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM & 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Thursday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, and Saturday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. The library phone number is 860-423-0636.
The following is the process for getting new library books.
- When you know which book(s) you’d like, phone the library, (860) 423-0636 during library hours or leave us a message. We’ll call you once your books are ready for pick-up! When you arrive at the library, just call from your car and we will come out, and put your books on the bench. The limit is 5 books or DVDs for two weeks. If you need an additional two weeks please call the library to extend the time. Please wear a mask! The librarians will also be wearing masks.
- For those of you that regularly put a mark inside the book to remember which ones you’ve read, obviously that won’t work with this system. So, it will be necessary to keep an up-dated list for yourself.
- To search for any book titles, movies, magazines, including new children’s books, or DVDs please see our catalogue at Bibliomation. When searching Bibliomation for a book, please know that if you do a title search, the title must be word-for-word accurate, or it may not show that we actually have it. If this happens, try instead with a key word search – or simply begin with a key word search.
- If you wish to search our entire collection without looking for a specific title, that can be done as well, through our website link mentioned. For example: if you wanted a list of all available DVDs, or Magazines, or ALL Books (this is how they’re listed) simply follow these instructions.
- Leave the first box that says “Search” completely blank
- In the next box to the right, where it says “Type” just scroll to Keyword
- In the following box to the right, that says “Format” scroll to DVD, (or Magazines, or All Books)
- And in the next box that says “Library” please be sure that Windham Free Library is in THAT box. Then simply press “Search” and give it a few seconds. You’ll be able to see every title we have!
- You may also wish to try an author that you’ve never read before. You can either go to our catalogue for a synopsis of these titles, or to Amazon if you like to read the critiques.
- Interlibrary loan is now available.
- If you’re able to take books out from other libraries, please return them to those same libraries, as we have no way to return them.
- Returned books are held in boxes at the library for 72 hours, and then cleaned before being reshelved.
Thank you so much! We miss each and every one of you!!