The library is open by appointment or curbside pickup because of COVID-19 restrictions. Library hours when you will be able to pick up your books are: Tuesday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM & 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Wednesday 1:00 – 5:00, Thursday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, and Saturday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. The library phone number is 860-423-0636.
The following is the process for getting new library books.
- When you know which book(s) you’d like, phone the library, (860) 423-0636 during library hours or leave us a message. We’ll call you once your books are ready for pick-up! When you arrive at the library, just call from your car or knock on the door and if there is no other patron using the library the librarian will let you in to browse. Please wear a mask! The librarians will also be wearing masks.
- To search for any book titles, movies, magazines, including new children’s books, or DVDs please see our catalogue at Bibliomation. When searching Bibliomation for a book, please know that if you do a title search, the title must be word-for-word accurate, or it may not show that we actually have it. If this happens, try instead with a key word search – or simply begin with a key word search.
- If you wish to search our entire collection without looking for a specific title, that can be done as well, through our website link mentioned. For example: if you wanted a list of all available DVDs, or Magazines, or ALL Books (this is how they’re listed) simply follow these instructions.
- Leave the first box that says “Search” completely blank
- In the next box to the right, where it says “Type” just scroll to Keyword
- In the following box to the right, that says “Format” scroll to DVD, (or Magazines, or All Books)
- And in the next box that says “Library” please be sure that Windham Free Library is in THAT box. Then simply press “Search” and give it a few seconds. You’ll be able to see every title we have!
- You may also wish to try an author that you’ve never read before. You can either go to our catalogue for a synopsis of these titles, or to Amazon if you like to read the critiques.
- Interlibrary loan is now available.
- Returned books are held in boxes at the library for 72 hours, and then cleaned before being reshelved.
Thank you so much! We miss each and every one of you!!