Windham Book Club
The next meeting of the Windham Book Club will be Wednesday, June 21, 2023 at 1:00 pm at Windham Free Library. Our June selection is The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Copies of the book are available at both Windham Free and Guilford Smith libraries. Come join us, no registration is required, all are welcome!
Hubba Bubba Magic Show!
Join us for the first of four Summer Children’s Programs at the Windham Free Library!
Hubba Bubba Magic Show, Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 10:00 AM.
Pete Haddad’s Comedy Magic Show has been the choice of hundreds of event planners, private and corporate clients, elementary and high schools as well as colleges and prep schools.
With thousands of performances over the past 20 years, Pete has a clear understanding of how to entertain, making him one of the most sought after entertainers
To make a tax deductible donation to WFL to support free, community events like this one, please donate online at https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/WFLdonate or sign up for the WFL mailing list by clicking here: https://bit.ly/3RraDL7 Thank you for your support!
Summer Reading Program 2023
Our 2023 Summer Reading Program for kids will run June 17 to August 19, 2023. Our theme this year is “Find Your Voice!” There are many ways you can find your voice, through speaking, reading, singing, drawing, acting and much more! We encourage our summer readers to seek out books related to our theme and to Find Your Voice!
Here is how our Summer Reading Program works:
- Sign up at the Library anytime between June 17 and July 31, 2023.
- The first 20 kids to register will receive an activity card and stickers.
- Borrow and Read 3 or more books a week and fill out a raffle ticket for our summer reading prize! (Receive your ticket when you return your books.)
- Complete your activity card and bring it to the library and fill out a raffle ticket!
- Drawing will be held August 17 at our Protect Our Pollinators program.
Happy summer reading from,
All Your Friends at Windham Free Library
Become a “WFL Insider”!
Would you like to stay up to date on all the happenings at the Windham Free Library? Become a “WFL Insider” by signing up for our email list and be the first to know about upcoming events, library news, programs, additions to our collection and more! All conveniently delivered right to your email inbox. Subscribe today by clicking here!
I love WFL!
The historic Windham Free Library is a valued part of the community. Thanks to your generous financial support, we have continued to provide essential services despite the challenges created by the Covid-19 pandemic. We can only do this with your help. Please consider donating so we can be there for the Windham Center community today, tomorrow, and always. Thank you! Click here to make a secure contribution online with your credit or debit card. Thank you.
To search for any book titles, movies, magazines, including new children’s books or DVDs, please see our catalogue at Bibliomation. When searching Bibliomation for a book, please know that if you do a title search, the title must be word-for-word accurate, or it may not show that we actually have it. If this happens, try instead with a key word search – or simply begin with a key word search.
If you wish to search our entire collection without looking for a specific title, that can be done as well, through our website link mentioned. For example: if you wanted a list of all available DVDs, or Magazines, or ALL Books (this is how they’re listed) simply follow these instructions.
- Leave the first box that says “Search” completely blank
- In the next box to the right, where it says “Type” just scroll to Keyword
- In the following box to the right, that says “Format” scroll to DVD, (or Magazines, or All Books)
- And in the next box that says “Library” please be sure that Windham Free Library is in THAT box. Then simply press “Search” and give it a few seconds. You’ll be able to see every title we have!
You may also wish to try an author that you’ve never read before. You can either go to our catalogue for a synopsis of these titles, or to Amazon if you like to read the critiques.
DOWNLOADABLE E-BOOKS AND AUDIO BOOKS
For free downloadable e-books or audio books you can go to bibliomation.overdrive.com