Would you like to stay up to date on all the happenings at the Windham Free Library? Become a “WFL Insider” by signing up for our email list and be the first to know about upcoming events, library news, programs, additions to our collection and more! All conveniently delivered right to your email inbox. Subscribe today by clicking here!
The historic Windham Free Library is a valued part of the community. Thanks to your generous financial support, we have continued to provide essential services despite the challenges created by the Covid-19 pandemic. We can only do this with your help. Please consider donating so we can be there for the Windham Center community today, tomorrow, and always. Thank you! Click here to make a secure contribution online with your credit or debit card. Thank you.
For our patrons who prefer to use Curbside Pickup, we are happy to continue to provide this service to you! Simply follow theses steps:
- When you know which book(s), magazine(s) or movie(s) you’d like, phone the library, (860) 423-0636 during library hours or leave us a message.
- Once your request is processed, a librarian will call you to let you know your pickup is ready.
- You must pickup your request during our open hours: Tuesday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM & 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Wednesday 1:00 – 5:00, Thursday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM, and Saturday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
- To search for any book titles, movies, magazines, including new children’s books, or DVDs please see our catalogue at Bibliomation. When searching Bibliomation for a book, please know that if you do a title search, the title must be word-for-word accurate, or it may not show that we actually have it. If this happens, try instead with a key word search – or simply begin with a key word search.
- If you wish to search our entire collection without looking for a specific title, that can be done as well, through our website link mentioned. For example: if you wanted a list of all available DVDs, or Magazines, or ALL Books (this is how they’re listed) simply follow these instructions.
- Leave the first box that says “Search” completely blank
- In the next box to the right, where it says “Type” just scroll to Keyword
- In the following box to the right, that says “Format” scroll to DVD, (or Magazines, or All Books)
- And in the next box that says “Library” please be sure that Windham Free Library is in THAT box. Then simply press “Search” and give it a few seconds. You’ll be able to see every title we have!
- You may also wish to try an author that you’ve never read before. You can either go to our catalogue for a synopsis of these titles, or to Amazon if you like to read the critiques.
- Interlibrary loan is now available.
- Returned books are held in boxes at the library for 72 hours, and then cleaned before being reshelved.
Thank you so much!